LethalState Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator and Admin Expectations List

3 posters

Go down

Moderator and Admin Expectations List Empty Moderator and Admin Expectations List

Post by LethalState Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:37 pm

As some people were confused as to what a Mod should be doing or what to do to become one, I am going to post what we look for when hiring and keeping mods.

Not a mod, but want to be one? Using this list can help you get noticed for promotion.

- Mods are expected to be on Ventrilo
It doesn't matter if you don't have a mic or have to keep vent muted, the PM system is a fast way to communicate to deal with griefers. Mods are expected to be on vent while on Minecraft, and on even when not on Minecraft is great too.

- Moderators are expected to help new players learn the rules and moderate the server and etc without being asked.
If we have to ask, we can do it ourselves and it shows you aren't taking incentive, just being lazy. We understand that you want to play too, but doing nothing unless asked is unacceptable.

- Moderators are expected to be role models of the server.
Repairing grief damage, helping people, etc.

- Mods are expected to enforce all rules.
I mean really, that's why you're a mod. =P Anything where an owner is needed, an owner can be contacted on Ventrilo.

- Mods are expected to be active on this website.

- Mods are expected to use the Mod Center. (/warp Mod)

- Mods are expected to be positive ingame and not bring negativity to the server such as violence, rulebreaking, trolling, etc.

- Mods are encouraged, but not expected, to:
1. Bump the minecraftforums.net thread
2. Build community-minded projects (eg DMDanW's city wall)
3. Advertise the server if possible.

To be continued.

Last edited by LethalState on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total
LethalState
LethalState
Admin
Admin

https://lethalstate.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Moderator and Admin Expectations List Empty Re: Moderator and Admin Expectations List

Post by SoapUSA Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Haha, Glad I do all of this Wink
Trololol

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Moderator and Admin Expectations List Empty Re: Moderator and Admin Expectations List

Post by DMDan Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Thank you for this post Lethal.

I know that for myself I try and fulfill all of the above mentioned responsibilities, except for one - Being on Ventrillo.
I was unaware that the software could be used without a mic (which I do not have, but am looking into getting a nice gaming headset btw). I will download and install shortly.......

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalState Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

Bump, updated original post.
LethalState
LethalState
Admin
Admin

https://lethalstate.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down