LethalState Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising Time :D

3 posters

Go down

Advertising Time :D Empty Advertising Time :D

Post by LethalState Sat May 28, 2011 10:40 pm

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/346541-lethalstatesmp-bukkit15ventrilowebsitebuilding/

I would appreciate the occaisional bump if possible. Hopefully this will bring us some new players Smile
LethalState
LethalState
Admin
Admin

https://lethalstate.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Advertising Time :D Empty Additional SMP list sites

Post by DMDan Sun May 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Lethal,

Here are a few other list sites I have gone to to find servers. They are the top ones I get as results when I do a google search.

www.minecraft-server-list.com

www.minecraft.dk/mcserverlist/

www.mcserverlist.net

Perhaps listing the site on these server lists will get word of the server out there a little more.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Advertising Time :D Empty Re: Advertising Time :D

Post by SoapUSA Sun May 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Advertise too much and your practically saying "Come grief me". Go ahead and advertise but the question is, can the mods handle it?

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Advertising Time :D Empty just an option...

Post by DMDan Mon May 30, 2011 8:02 am

That is true Soap.
I just put up some options for Lethal - that is all.

I liked how it used to be on this server, where new players came into the game "unregistered" and could do nothing but look around until they were accepted and changed to "commoner". This gave the players and moderators a chance to observe them a bit before letting them loose on the server. Is this not a feature we can have back?

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

DMDan wrote:That is true Soap.
I just put up some options for Lethal - that is all.

I liked how it used to be on this server, where new players came into the game "unregistered" and could do nothing but look around until they were accepted and changed to "commoner". This gave the players and moderators a chance to observe them a bit before letting them loose on the server. Is this not a feature we can have back?

I agree Dan. And If I recall correctly, D4rk and I have already suggested this to Lethal + new players would also need to apply on the forums before they could become "registered". Ever since this method was removed, the problems with griefers was a bit high for a while. If this method doesn't come back and Lehtal advertises a bunch, then I personally believe there will be a shit ton of griefers.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Mon May 30, 2011 10:48 am

SoapUSA wrote: If this method doesn't come back and Lehtal advertises a bunch, then I personally believe there will be a shit ton of griefers.

Yup.

It would be nice if "commoners" were fairly restricted in what they could do on the server, like not being able to modify blocks placed by other players, or something like that. Once they become "trusted" they would gain that ability, and then be able to "work with others".

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Mon May 30, 2011 10:52 am

Agreed.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalState Tue May 31, 2011 12:22 am

DMDan wrote:
SoapUSA wrote: If this method doesn't come back and Lehtal advertises a bunch, then I personally believe there will be a shit ton of griefers.

Yup.

It would be nice if "commoners" were fairly restricted in what they could do on the server, like not being able to modify blocks placed by other players, or something like that. Once they become "trusted" they would gain that ability, and then be able to "work with others".

Thing is, only I can change ranks, so for people in other time zones it becomes impossible to join.

Not to mention Ive been playing less lately.
LethalState
LethalState
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 am

LethalState wrote:
DMDan wrote:

Yup.

Thing is, only I can change ranks, so for people in other time zones it becomes impossible to join.

Well Lethal think about it like this. It's better to not have people that live practically on the other side of the world due to the fact they have a wider window of griefing compared to people in North America And Britain. And wouldn't you think the job of moderaters is to MODERATE THE SERVER? If your gonna say "Oh I'm the only only one who can change rank but I play less now" then give the current crap mods rank changing, I mean at least give it to the full mods! And I'm surprised you haven't given this Dan yet and he is an ADMIN. Really Do you trust anyone? I mean you've given me these capabilities before so what does that say about your trust about the others on the server. Or is it your just too lazy to get problems sorted out. Figure it out.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

Uh, I thought that full mods and admins could rank players up?
Lethal, you posted something about that last week didn't you?
Or was that not the same thing?

Oh and I do think that we should have it so that anyone who wants to be a commoner come to the website and apply for promotion to "commoner". This shows at least a little commitment from the player to have to go to a website and take the time to apply. That at least should weed out a lot of potential griefers.

Last edited by DMDan on Tue May 31, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

SoapUSA wrote:
Well Lethal think about it like this. It's better to not have people that live practically on the other side of the world due to the fact they have a wider window of griefing compared to people in North America And Britain. And wouldn't you think the job of moderaters is to MODERATE THE SERVER? If your gonna say "Oh I'm the only only one who can change rank but I play less now" then give the current crap mods rank changing, I mean at least give it to the full mods! And I'm surprised you haven't given this Dan yet and he is an ADMIN. Really Do you trust anyone? I mean you've given me these capabilities before so what does that say about your trust about the others on the server. Or is it your just too lazy to get problems sorted out. Figure it out.

Soap, don't you think that you are being a little hard on Lethal here? Lets figure this out together and come up with a way that works for all owners/admins/moderators to be able to get new players into the game, and promote them accordingly.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm

DMDan wrote:
Soap, don't you think that you are being a little hard on Lethal here? Lets figure this out together and come up with a way that works for all owners/admins/moderators to be able to get new players into the game, and promote them accordingly.

Sorry Dan that doesn't matter. This is my last week on the server. To me it doesn't matter if I'm being " a little hard" on Lethal. In my opinion he isn't that great in seriously running a server. Other than getting mods and advertising he isn't so great at keeping it alive. He completely depends on the mods yet he doesn't trust them enough to let them change ranks.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

OK.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalState Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 pm

SoapUSA wrote:
LethalState wrote:
DMDan wrote:

Yup.

Its not as easy as just changing a config file. Its a matter of them signing up on a website, emailing them several times to get access to the panel, at which point they can completely access anything, make themself owner and ban me or whoever they want from the game and the control panel. Its a huge security risk, although I might give it to Dan eventually.

And I'm not going to take your "can't run the server well" bit seriously, considering I practically had to run yours for you before.
LethalState
LethalState
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Tue May 31, 2011 5:40 pm

LethalState wrote:
And I'm not going to take your "can't run the server well" bit seriously, considering I practically had to run yours for you before.

Well so you think D4rk or Fuzzy will backstab you? I mean to even say you had doubts about Dan who I would say is one of the most trustable people on the server due to him not being as immature as us. And the time of my server has nothing to do with yours. My server was completely different, I had no experience with servers on as high a level as ever before. And when I say "can't run the server well" I don't mean you can't install useful mods and such. I'm saying that theres been so many problems concerning griefers, trolls, and the overall safety of the server and those who play on it. You leave it for the mods to handle until a few months later when you feel its time to do something.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum