LethalState Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LethalstateSMP updates!

3 posters

Go down

LethalstateSMP updates! Empty LethalstateSMP updates!

Post by Azerothic Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello guys, yFidom here with a few updates.

First one being, Lethal renewed the server for 3 more months. HUGE thanks to him.

Also Bukkit 1.5 isn't out yet, so please hold onto that.

If you have any issues, please contact me via Vent. That is the easiest and best way to contact me.

Azerothic

Back to top Go down

LethalstateSMP updates! Empty Re: LethalstateSMP updates!

Post by DMDan Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 pm

yFidom wrote:
First one being, Lethal renewed the server for 3 more months. HUGE thanks to him.

That is great news. I for one am very thankful to be able to play on a great server like LSMP.

But we cannot expect Lethal to keep it going all by himself. I for one plan on donating to the server very soon (as soon as some extra money comes in), and I encourage anyone else who calls LSMP their home to do the same. Even if it is only 5 or 10 dollars it would help Lethal keep the server going.

Anyway see you all in-game soon.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

DMDan wrote:
yFidom wrote:

That is great news. I for one am very thankful to be able to play on a great server like LSMP.

But we cannot expect Lethal to keep it going all by himself. I for one plan on donating to the server very soon (as soon as some extra money comes in), and I encourage anyone else who calls LSMP their home to do the same. Even if it is only 5 or 10 dollars it would help Lethal keep the server going.

Anyway see you all in-game soon.
Encourage? People donate on their free-will. Begging others to donate is like being a hobo on the streets. Plus theres also a problem with donating for most of us because we are young and don't have access to paypal or something of the sort. I just say don't tell others to donate 5-10$ just to keep the server alive. They can donate if they want and as much as they want. If all comes to worse the server will transition because I will soon be prepared to run a back-up server just incase.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Seriously man, all I meant was that we should make sure that the other players who come and play here realize that Lethal relies on donations to keep the server going, as a lot of people don't really read all the rules and stuff like that.

As for younger players not having money to donate, I cannot speak for you, but I know that when I was 16 and 17 I had more available cash to spend on stuff like this than I do now.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 pm

DMDan wrote:Seriously man, all I meant was that we should make sure that the other players who come and play here realize that Lethal relies on donations to keep the server going, as a lot of people don't really read all the rules and stuff like that.

As for younger players not having money to donate, I cannot speak for you, but I know that when I was 16 and 17 I had more available cash to spend on stuff like this than I do now.

Ok first about the "kid donating" thing, I'm not saying we don't have money, it's the problem of sending it over the internet. Also people with brains should know that lethal needs money to keep the server up. Plus donating = VIP's. I'd rather have people who are smart enough to read the important stuff donate than those who can't read and find out for themselves. Remember that VIP is almost on par with Mod so immature donaters can lead to VIP's abusing power. I just want to make sure there aren't any problems on the server, K? Razz

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMDan Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 am

Ya Soap I see your point. My intention was to simply say "Thanks Lethal, and maybe us regulars should pitch in a little". You took it as :we should be either begging everyone like "a hobo on the street" or strong-arming everyone to hand over their money.

So let me rephrase my original message;

Thanks Lethal. I really appreciate the server that you provide for us to play on. I plan on donating soon to help you out as I really enjoy playing Mincecraft here. The end.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down