LethalState Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES!

5 posters

Go down

1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES! Empty 1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES!

Post by SoapUSA Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Dear all,

I SoapUSA Here by propose that WOLVES should NOT be allowed into LethalStateSMP server. There are MANY reasons as to why not and without mod's, they allow ILLEGAL PVP. These creatures are problems especially with more cons than pros. Here are the Cons I have come to conclude (You may add on if you wish)

In non-PvP Servers, Wolves can be obtained still, but used for PvP purposes. Also Because it's non-pvp, Players can kill other's wolves without anything to stop them. Not to mention people can also just leave their wolves out in the middle of the streets which can be called "Littering". D4rk-Dimension, FuzzyPandaXD, AmpOverdrive, Corpsycle, & I, Have all experienced the main problems that wolves cause to everyone. If one person is trying to destroy something and someone else's wolf walks in the way and gets hurt, than the wolves will just continue to attack without stop. My last proof of cons are that right now they are glitched in SMP so they whimper 24/7 and it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING in any amounts of over 10. Not to mention, they also DO cause more lag. Mostly when they do their little "water shake off" animation.

But some may argue about the "PROS" Of wolves. Here are those so called "Pros". They are pets, they are cute, they kill stuff. This is put more general than stated BUT its not many pros. The pet and being cute parts aren't very much of pros anyways. It is also true though, that they keep company and fill the void of being alone in single player, but in multiplayer that void is already filled with other people that you could interact with. Now the only other pro is "hunting" with wolves. It's unnecessary due to the fact that you could do it all with just a sword. I mean COME ON, WE'VE BEING USING SWORDS EVEN BEFORE WOLVES!!!!

Here are solutions and crap. Now LethalState says that "I'm going to make wolves Non-aggressive". Wow. You think thats gonna help. It won't. If wolves were to be non-aggressive then they are just pets and "Buddies." They wouldn't be able to hunt, nor would they be able to defend themselves. What I mean about "defending themselves.", Is, If someone were to go around killing wolves, then nothing could stop them so BOOM! New problem. I could continue my explaining but if you see where I'm comming from then your not an idiot.

My conclusion is, UNTIL there is a mod that allows wolves to be "Better" in minecraft such as not killing other players. Then they should be ABOLISHED.

DEATH TO ALL WOLVES! (At least in LethalStateSMP)

~SoapUSA

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES! Empty KerBlarghers

Post by ShadowRyas Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 pm

SniffSnarf!
(I Agree with this Post!)

- Derp the Friendly Wolf :3
ShadowRyas
ShadowRyas

Back to top Go down

1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES! Empty Re: 1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES!

Post by Azerothic Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 pm

AH there you go Soap.
If only you told me that.

That you could "attack" someone's wolf assuming they can't attack, and just see your pet getting slaughtered.
True as that can cause a lot of
"BLAH BLAH KILLED MY WOLF"

So either we do get rid of wolves and disregard that issue.
Or we can allow them, and deal with the issue.
How common is that issue going to happen?
Should we prioritize it so that it's an instant ban for a few days?
Etc.

But now that you've finally said that issue of harmless wolves getting attacked, I agree that will be an issue.
How we cope with it CAN overcome the issue possibly, and allow wolves.

Azerothic

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 pm

yFidom wrote:AH there you go Soap.
If only you told me that.

That you could "attack" someone's wolf assuming they can't attack, and just see your pet getting slaughtered.
True as that can cause a lot of
"BLAH BLAH KILLED MY WOLF"

So either we do get rid of wolves and disregard that issue.
Or we can allow them, and deal with the issue.
How common is that issue going to happen?
Should we prioritize it so that it's an instant ban for a few days?
Etc.

But now that you've finally said that issue of harmless wolves getting attacked, I agree that will be an issue.
How we cope with it CAN overcome the issue possibly, and allow wolves.
Sorry aze but enough shit has gone down in the sever and this is just too much drama causing. New people pose a huge threat with all the wolfs either way. Wolves are just going to cause drama. Look, we've lasted without them every since we all started minecraft. If we are really going to complain about something so useless to multiplayer, then I pity all.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

1.4, THE ABOLITION OF WOLVES! Empty Wolves....

Post by DMDan Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 am

I can see your point that they can be used to initiate pvp.

I was on yesterday when Bi_Winning and eFury joined the server, and as they walked down the path they came upon a tamed wolf. Of course one of them attacked it (why not, right) and he was promptly killed. Then the wolf killed the other guy as well, since they just started and had no weapons or armor. I have to admit, it was kind of funny. Eventually I had to put the wolf down as it was furious (red eyes) and began attacking me as well. The problem I saw was not the wolves, but the player, who for whatever reason decided to attack it for no other reason than the enjoyment of killing. Imagine if pigs, cows and chickens fought back.....would we remove them too?

As for the lag, I cannot comment, as I have not experienced any lag so far.

As for their usefulness, well that is debatable I suppose. I can see both sides.

On one side, they are a new and cool element to the game that players will want to use. Sure in multilayer they are not needed for companionship, but they then turn into more of a trophy (I have more wolves than you!). Sure they are not needed for hunting, but they make it more interesting and fun.

On the other side, they probably do cause more lag for some people. Their whimpering could get annoying. And there is the fact that they could attack other players in certain instances.

In the end, it's Lethal's call. I like wolves myself (as they are new and exciting) but could easily live without them if that is what the community feels is best.

DMDan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapUSA Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm

DMDan wrote:I can see your point that they can be used to initiate pvp.

I was on yesterday when Bi_Winning and eFury joined the server, and as they walked down the path they came upon a tamed wolf. Of course one of them attacked it (why not, right) and he was promptly killed. Then the wolf killed the other guy as well, since they just started and had no weapons or armor. I have to admit, it was kind of funny. Eventually I had to put the wolf down as it was furious (red eyes) and began attacking me as well. The problem I saw was not the wolves, but the player, who for whatever reason decided to attack it for no other reason than the enjoyment of killing. Imagine if pigs, cows and chickens fought back.....would we remove them too?

As for the lag, I cannot comment, as I have not experienced any lag so far.

As for their usefulness, well that is debatable I suppose. I can see both sides.

On one side, they are a new and cool element to the game that players will want to use. Sure in multilayer they are not needed for companionship, but they then turn into more of a trophy (I have more wolves than you!). Sure they are not needed for hunting, but they make it more interesting and fun.

On the other side, they probably do cause more lag for some people. Their whimpering could get annoying. And there is the fact that they could attack other players in certain instances.

In the end, it's Lethal's call. I like wolves myself (as they are new and exciting) but could easily live without them if that is what the community feels is best.
Trophies of competition. This will lead to drama. Again as I have stated. The cons of wolves highly outweigh the pros of them. The pros aren't even anything useful. Dan Until lethal makes a final decision i have called upon the death of ALL wolves, no matter the owner. I see in fair gameplay and wolves do not help with this. They are problems.

SoapUSA
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sn0wb3ar Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Meh. Whatever. I'm more of a cat guy anyway.
sn0wb3ar
sn0wb3ar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down